North Kern Cemetery District Rules and Regulations
This is your Cemetery District and these rules regulations are meant to give uniform care and improvement to the maintenance of the District.
We respectfully ask that the suggestions are followed and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the office
Smoking is not allowed on North Kern Cemetery District property.
• Cemetery grounds will be open every day at 7:30 am, closing at sundown during Pacific Standard Time, and closing at sundown during Daylight Savings Time.
• All visitors are expected to conduct themselves and their activities in a manner appropriate for a cemetery, as determined by the cemetery authority.
• No soliciting will be allowed on premises.
• No commercial or student photography of any kind will be permitted.
• Pets must be on a leash and under control at all times. Pets, other than service animals, are not permitted on the grass; they are only allowed on paved areas. Waste is to be picked up and properly disposed.
• All items left on the grounds will be picked up by grounds staff and disposed of on Wednesday mornings.
• All burial and/or disinterment charges must be paid 24 hours prior to the day of service. This is mandatory in order for the burial or disinterment to take place.
• Before any burial or disinterment takes place, all necessary burial orders and permits must be signed and received by the Cemetery Office.
• District policy requires that all caskets must be placed in a vault or liner of durable material for burial as approved by management.
• All burial or disinterment times , days and burial orders must be approved 24 hours in advance by District personnel. The District will not honor burial times and days provided by the public or funeral director unless approved by the Cemetery Office. Burials will only be permitted between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. No burial will be permitted on Saturday or on any holiday as designated by the Board of Trustees. All arrangements for Saturday burials must be made 48 hours (Thursday 11:00 am) prior to the scheduled time of service. Overtime charges will be added for all Saturday burials. All Saturday burials will be scheduled to arrive at either 9)) am or 11:00 am.
• All Grave openings and closings, marker placements, planting of trees or shrubs and installation or removal of any embellishments shall only be performed by employees of the Cemetery District or authorized agent of the General Manager.
• Caskets will only be lowered when requested by the immediate family of the deceased. For safety reasons, the caskets will only be lowered when the persons observing the lowering stand back 50 feet from the grave. After lowering, no items of any kind, including dirt, may be placed on the casket or liner.
• There will not be any opening of caskets, urns or other receptacles containing human remains on Cemetery grounds.
• The Veteran Section is only for the interment of U.S. Veterans and their spouse.
• All cremations on existing graves must be approved by District personnel.